- 4 medium, ripend avocados
- ½ medium red onion diced
- 1 medium fresh tomato diced (or several fresh cherry tomatoes-yum!)
- 1 tsp of toasted cumin seeds (*or ½ tbsp of fresh ground cumin)
- 1 tsp of toasted coriander seeds (*or ½ tbsp of fresh ground coriander)
- The juice of 2 limes
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a pan, lightly toast cumin and coriander seeds, about 1-2 mins, on high heat until they “pop”. Then, add seeds to a mortar and pestle and grind until it’s a fine powder. Skip this step if using pre-ground spices.
- Smash up avocado: I use a mortar and pestle, but a fork or potato masher works great too.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Serve right away or store in fridge, covered, and serve soon!
- Adjust ingredients to your taste.
Zero-Waste Tip: Chopping your own garlic and skipping the pre-chopped, not only saves a container from purchase, but certainly tastes better too.
Having trouble getting the skins off the garlic?
Slice the ends off the clove, then lay the side of the knife on across the clove, and lightly crush. This should make the skin easy to peel away.
Share your creation!